The 2017 Techspo Keynote was given by Matt Beaudreau. Focusing on inter-generational differences, Matt not only delivered a Keynote which was full of insight, but also ripe with memorable material. Here are the top 10 quotable ideas from the Techspo '17 Keynote rounded up from twitter:
- For the first time ever we have five different generations working and living side by side. They are in your schools.
- Technology is only new if you remember the way it was before. For younger gens, it's all they know.
- Millennials don't recognize or see diversity, they only recognize its absence.
- Entitlement is entirely a learned behavior.
- Millennials believe you are officially an adult when.. you're 30.
- Most millennials don't know how tech works, they just want it to work. They're not tech saavy, tech dependent.
- If your district is not utilizing social media, your missing the boat on communication to all.
- The magic of an email is in the subject line for a millennial. Brief, to the point, we will read it.
- Millennials all believe we are unique, special, individual. If you don't say that you don't understand us.
- If you want trust from your employees let them know who you are as an individual. Humanize your interactions.
Taken as a whole, the coming generation is more technology driven than ever, and they demand to be treated as individuals. As a web filtering company with unrivaled granularity, we get it. And we'd love to show you how.